Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I truly am. I love absolutely love cold weather and snow. I love wearing scarves, hats, gloves and cute coats! I love snuggling up next to a fire in the fireplace with a good book and people I love! I love how beatiful it looks when it snows! I love building a snow man and sledding! I love snow skiing--"I love the bumps!" (only my family will know what that means, but since they are probably the only ones reading this, that's ok). And I love the movie White Christmas!

It is one of my favorite movies of all time. If I could get away with watching it year-round, I would. But that would take away from the special-ness that it has. I cannot wait to watch it this year. Then it will truly feel like Christmas time.

Hopefully Wadey woo and I will get our Christmas tree tonight since it is finally not raining! We'll decorate and I'll probably have some hot apple cider. We'll put our lights up outside too. We had to compromise a bit on the lights. I am a colored lights kind of girl. Probably because I grew up with colored lights on the tree and outside. Wade is a white lights kind of guy. Probably because he grew up with white lights on the tree. Well, neither one of us is thrilled about the idea of switching camps. So, we compromised--although someone keeps whining about how white lights look so classy and colored lights are tacky, but I won't say who! We are having colored lights on the tree and white lights outside. Hopefully the combo won't look tacky. I'll post pictures of our decorated apartment once it's all done!

Sorry for the long post....I'm still getting used to this blogging thing!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not family, I do not get the bumps thing.
    You should look over here and explain that. (smile)

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! I read your blog too!! As much as I love you Jenny I have to go with Wade on this one white lights all the way!! You should add the Grinch to your Chrstmas movie watching list... "YOU"RE AN IDIOT!" haha love that part :)Have a Merry Christmas LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete