Monday, November 15, 2010

"Good" weekend with Great people

So our Auburn/Georgia tailgate didn't go as planned. We had this great idea to bring a TV, satellite dish and lots of food to watch the game in Auburn since none of us bought tickets. Ray and Brittany came up Friday night and stayed with us in Cartersville to leave bright and early the next morning. We met Katie, Ryan, Danielle and Miles at the Galleria and off we went to Auburn--after stopping for breakfast and a few last minute "essential" things...

Well, once we got there it was just problem after problem. Instead of spending time enjoying the day playing games and hanging out with friends and family, we spent the whole morning moving the tailgate (5 times!) and trying to get the tv/satellite to work. Which it never did....so we were stuck in Auburn with no tickets and no way to watch the game literally 5 minutes before kickoff. The boys were not happy, and I will be honest, neither was I. The Baptist student union was kind enough to let us join in on their tailgate. Which was great, but a little awkward! I hate that we put so much thought and time into something that just didn't work out. I felt like God was trying to teach me that I can't control everything and my plans aren't always in line with His plans. I feel like I get that lesson a lot--maybe because I have trouble listening to it?

BUT...despite just about everything going wrong and Georgia losing, we had a good time together. Isn't that great--when you love being with the people you are with so much that it doesn't matter what happens, you still have a good time? I wish my parents were able to come, but they had to say goodbye to a dear friend that lost her battle with cancer on Tuesday. Which puts all the "problems" we had into perspective.

I would post some pictures, but Katie took them all on her camera. And to be honest, we didn't take that many--it wouldn't have been that interesting to see everyone working on the tv all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment